New Year’s Eve is almost here and my sexy little novella, ONE KISS, is still on sale for JUST $0.99!
I usually have a pretty good idea when I’m writing who my characters are going to be and what’s going to happen to them, but there are always some things that just don’t work out. There are a million reasons for things to get cut, it could be that a scene is going on too long for example, or maybe I’m being too repetitive, or the vibe of the words just doesn’t feel right. I wholeheartedly believe that edits always make a story stronger, and I am not afraid to cut anything – even those things I’ve decided I love.
I’m really pleased with final edit of One Kiss, but just for fun, I thought I’d share some of the things that didn’t make the final cut.
Stuff That Just Didn’t Happen in One Kiss
- One of the rejection letters I received suggested that I make it into a Valentine’s Day story
- At the party, Kat actually wanted Dean to save her from her blind date disaster
- Dean’s ex, Marine, was going to be at the party when they arrived
- Kat was originally a sculptor
- Instead of discussing a midnight kiss in the cab, Kat and Dean talked about why New Year’s Eve was the night to live all of your craziest dreams
You can find out how the story turned out for just $0.99! Get it in the digital format of your choice right here:
Amazon – http://goo.gl/kUhg13
B&N – http://goo.gl/ywuET7
Kobo – https://goo.gl/dlC1ly
iTunes – https://goo.gl/YIv9gi
One Kiss by Lisa Fox
Sometimes one kiss can change everything.
New Year’s Eve is supposed to be a night for celebration and new beginnings. For best friends Kat and Dean, it is a nightmare filled with disastrous dates and enraged ex-girlfriends!
Lucky for them, they’ve got each other to help laugh off the embarrassing, and downright inappropriate, moments. But then midnight rolls around and neither of them have anyone to kiss…
There’s no doubt this is a night they will always remember.
The real question is whether it will be a night they want to forget…