Thanksgiving Day is rapidly approaching here in the U.S.of A., and thus the recipe sharing is in full swing. It seems everyone is looking for a new twist on the traditional dishes, how else can you explain Turducken? For those of you who don’t know, that’s a turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken.
While everyone else is looking for the recipe that will dazzle their holiday guests, I’ve been looking for something guaranteed to dazzle the after party.
When the guests are gone, forget the dishes and pop this make-ahead recipe in the microwave, grab your significant other, and be thankful you have the house all to yourself again. 🙂
CHOCOLATE BODY PAINT
Make this sauce a few days ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Warm it in the microwave and stir thoroughly before using. Be sure to stir the sauce well and test the temperature before you start painting. Nothing spoils the mood like burning your partner! Makes about 1/2 cup
1/3 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Add in if wanted – booze of your choice, coffee, mint, vanilla. Be creative.
1) Put sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the mixture comes to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
2) Add butter and stir with a wire whisk.
3) Add cocoa powder, vanilla and flavoring of your choice. (optional) Whisk until smooth.
4) Pour into a microwave-safe container.
5) As it is cooled enough to be comfortable, drizzle, pour or paint your partner.
Tip: Try different application methods to find the one that drives your partner crazy. Experiment with different paintbrushes, finger paint, use a feather. Be creative!
The warmer the sauce, the easier it is to paint with but be careful not t to burn your partner!
Do you have a favorite holiday recipe to share?