Happy Monday, folks.
I’m here to talk about the F-Word today.
To an Erotic writer the F-Word is like waving the red flag to a bull, right?
My heroes and sometimes the heroines too, can be right potty mouths, but I thought I would come up with other F-Words for you for this post. So without further ado, here they are .
- Fruit: It goes without saying that my writing gets decidedly fruity, if not to say downright kinky, but I also use fruit and more generally food in the literal sense.
There is something very intimate about a candle lit dinner, or a picnic, or a take away whilst sat in the car in the rain, is there not? You can very easily show the emotional connection as your h/h connect over the food. The way the moisture runs down the wine glass. The way he swallows and you can’t take your eyes off the movement of that Adam’s Apple. The way she licks her lips, wraps them around her fork and…
You get the idea, and let’s not forget the fun you can have with food items in the bedroom. Chocolate, strawberries, pineapples, ice cubes, champagne … I’ve used them all in those moments when I throw the bedroom door wide open. Well, actually, quite often there are no bedrooms involved at all.
In Through the Dom’s Lens Master J decides to use his sub as a plate and literally eats his dinner off her. Messy, sure, but a delight of the senses for both of them
- Fun: Life is far too serious and I firmly believe in injecting a good old sense of fun into my stories. The ability to make the other person laugh is sexy in itself don’t you think? I write tough Alpha males, yet they know not to take themselves too seriously, and my sassy heroines tease them mercilessly. Of course in turn this will invariably lead to punishments, but then they are a whole lot of different type of fun.
3. Foreplay: Where would we be in writing romance without foreplay, and I don’t just mean that in the literal sense. Sometimes, whether I’m writing or reading for that matter the whole dance around each other until they finally give into their attraction is sexier than the actual act. Sexual tension that leaps off the page, as the two or three of them fight their attraction to each other. The looks across the crowded room, the stolen kisses, the dreams, and then of course the actual act of foreplay.
I sometimes despair when writing at how much time my heroes take to simply enjoy their ladies, to tease and titillate and get them so worked up that I am screaming along with them. You will quite often find a status on my Author page to this effect.
For goodness sakes, jump her already.
Of course it all adds to the tension, and the heroine’s pleasure is always foremost in my hero’s minds, just like it ought to be. It’s not just the heroes that do the teasing, oh no. My heroines aren’t shy wallflowers, and they get their own back. Such fun to write.
4. Fur: Yes, you read that right, fur, and I’m not talking about muffs here.
I write a lot of shifter books, where my heroes are dominant alphas who shift into great big furry bears, tigers, wolves, panthers, and so forth. Now, I’m sure in real life it would probably be rather a pain. Imagine the amount of hair balls you’d have to pick up off the carpet, and the left over fur when they molt and what not.
However, this is fiction, and in that a man who can shift into a big majestic creature ready to kill for you at a moment’s notice, yeah, that’s hot. Not to mention the mating bond, that mystical connection that means he will only have eyes for you.
Writing paranormal brings an extra dimension to the love scenes. The scent, the sensing of emotions, the struggle between their animal and human side, and the delicious growling.
I do have a thing for a man with a deep, growly, gravelly voice.
In fact, my editor is convinced that I only write shifter stories so that she can’t flag up the amount of growling that goes on. I will neither confirm nor deny that assumption…
Then, there is the added element of danger in a paranormal story. Yes, huge fun to write and read.
5. Family: None of us are isolated. We all have family and friends who influence our decisions, and to some extent the life-partner we chose, so it only makes sense to include them when writing, and that goes for children too.
I’ve heard it say that children have no place in an erotic romance, but by the time I read that, I had already written several where children are very much involved. They are part of everyday life and as a mum of nine they are very much part of my life, so naturally they find themselves into my writing.
Children can be a great source of inserting humour and conflict into a story, and I don’t know about you, but there is nothing sexier than a great big hunk of an alpha male, who holds a tiny baby in his big hands, or who stoops down to talk to the toddler.
And let’s not forget the tried and tested heroine’s best friend, who wants all the filthy details from your night with the sex-on-legs hunk.
The meddling mother-in-law, the disapproving sister-in-law, the hero’s ex, yep, we can use all of those to give our characters depth and to place them firmly in the real world, so to speak.
So, there you have it. Five words beginning with F. I could have used, foul mouthed, filthy, fornication, fetish, fellatio, flaccid, flogger, to name but a few, but, I’m behaving myself… sort of.
Feel free to add your own F-Words in the comments. I would love to see what you come up with.
Before I go, let me draw your attention to my latest release. This time the heroes are dominant Aliens.
[Ménage Amour: Erotic Futuristic Sci-Fi Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/F, with M/M elements, public exhibition, HEA]
The men of any species have needs…
Gemini Hudson has grown up, knowing the truth behind those words, but what happens when those needs pitch lovers against each other in a war torn galaxy?
Cirrion Warrior Zorran rescued a nine year old Gemini in a rare show of compassion. Twelve years later his slave has grown into a beautiful young woman which he feels inexorably drawn to. However, she is only human and too fragile for his dark desires. Desires he is certain he can only share with one man—his Drakan lover Ornack.
With Drakan at war with Cirrion the men’s relationship seems doomed to failure. Giving Gemini to Ornack will fulfil their emotional needs in a way Zorran can’t.
From the minute he sees her, Lord Ornack knows this female is the one woman who can complete their circle, because she loves Zorran as much as he does.
There’s only one solution. Claim both his mates and damn the consequences.
A Siren Erotic Romance
Taken by her Alien Warriors became available on Amazon last week, and promptly became a best seller in SciFi.
*insert happy dancing me*
Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough, so I’ll sign off.
Stay naughty, folks (oooh, another F-word)