Here’s a yummy festive recipe for you all to check out. Original version is here.
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) sifted cake flour
- 3 tablespoons (30 grams) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup red & green Wilton batter bits or edible confetti
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (360 grams) powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp red & green sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 teaspoons heavy cream
- 4 oz white chocolate
- red & green sprinkles
- Heat the oven to 450F.
- Line a 17X12″ jelly/sheet pan with parchment paper . Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the 2 eggs, 3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on medium to high speed around 5 minutes until pale in color and thickened. Add the vanilla extract and beat few more seconds.
- Sift the flour and the cornstarch over the egg yolks mixture and with a spatula gently fold it in.
- Fold in the batter bits as well.
- In a separate grease-free bowl, add the 2 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of sugar. With a whisk, whip until firm peaks form.
- With the spatula, fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolks mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan, spread it evenly and bake for 6-7 minutes until golden brown and, when touched, it springs back.
- As soon as you remove the cake from the oven sprinkle with powder sugar and then invert the cake onto a clean dish towel. Remove the parchment paper, sprinkle with more powder sugar, and roll up the cake with the towel. Place on a wire rack to cool
- In a clean bowl add the butter. With the whisk attached on to the the mixer whip the butter for 2-3 minutes on medium to high speed.
- Lower the speed and slowly add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
- When all the sugar is incorporated increase the speed and whip for 2 more minutes.
- Add few drops of heavy cream until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- With a spatula fold in the sprinkles.
- Gently unroll the cake and spread the buttercream evenly all over it.
- Roll it again and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To decorate, melt the white chocolate in double boiler or microwave and pour it over the cake. Add Add more sprinkles (optional)
- Let the chocolate settle for few minutes and slice the cake.
Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over 100 publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include several editions of Best Bondage Erotica, Best Women’s Erotica 2013 and Best Erotic Romance 2014. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies, and also edits for a small publishing house. She owns Erotica For All, is book editor for Cliterati, and is one eighth of The Brit Babes. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9